Monday, April 8, 2013

To Blog or Not To Blog...

Well, I have considered starting a book review blog.  One that showcases the reviews I do for other authors.  Of course, there are TONS already out there, and quite a few that I follow.  I can't imagine it being a bad idea, just because it's even more publicity for authors.  I wonder if it will take from my writing?

I've been in a funk for the past week and have read 5 or 6 books, but haven't touched a single story of my own.  I seem to have yearned to escape real life for a bit.  Thankfully, Spring has Sprung here in NJ (finally!!) so the nice weather will surely boost my spirits a bit.

Anyway, I did start the blog, but am not sure where to go from here.  So,  I am thinking of keeping it low-key, sharing some of the reviews of my favorites from  Kindle (I've done a few hundred reviews there) and see where it takes me.

I figure, at the very least...it will keep these fingers moving and this brain creatively thinking.   That HAS to be good, right?  :)

I will share more when I can.  I'm hoping to get a great blog going in between my own stories.

Happy Reading!

~Jayn~

5 comments:

  1. I review occasionally on my own blog...and only good reviews, but I find my brain gets clogged from the stuff I read and a review is a good way of getting it out! LOL I don't *think* it takes away from my writing but then I do spent most of Sunday afternoon preparing my blog for the week so I suppose it must do. But sometimes we need a break from writing, I think, as hard as it is to stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! That really helps me a lot. You are the best!

      Delete
  2. I blog mainly cos I'm have so much crap to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Jayn - I'm always checking author's and blogger's reviews for some good reads!

    ReplyDelete