Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Teaser Tuesday-Danika's Gift-WIP


My latest work-in-progress is titled "Danika's Gift."  A young woman has a gift for seeing the future.  The problem is, she doesn't know how to use it and therefore, has been sheltered much of her life.  When she ventures off to college with her cousin, Samantha, she meets Derek.  Derek is handsome and catches her attention immediately.

Below is a little snippet to tease you a bit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“What’s your name?”  His voice was deep, husky and warm.  I felt tingling in my stomach.  I knew he had to hear Sam call me Dani.  Logic was trying to diffuse my nerves.  Maybe he wanted me to tell him instead.  Talk to him.

“Dani..er, Danika”

“Very pretty.”  His lips curved in a crooked smile .  Was he shy?  He held out his hand to shake mine.  “I’m Derek.  It is nice to meet you.”

“You too.” There it was again, that electric shock.  I pulled my hand away from his quickly.  I felt my face flame.   I didn’t know what else to say, my brain had jumped ship apparently, leaving me a brainless, weak-kneed, tingling mess.

Derek’s cell phone chirped and his smile dropped.  “Duty calls, more pizzas to deliver.”  He flashed me a sexy grin.  “See you in class tomorrow?”

“Yeah.” I had forgotten I completely changed my schedule.  Like I said, my brain was M.I.A.

“Night  Danika.  Enjoy.” He winked at me, again, then turned and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked that!  The book is now in the editing phase and my good friend Samantha Holt is helping me with a cover.  I hope to release the book by the end of April.  :)

Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave your comments below and feel free to share this post.

~J~

No comments:

Post a Comment